Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions – Northgate Ward Christmas Shop Local Campaign
- These terms and conditions set out all of the information regarding the Christmas Shop Local promotion jointly promoted by Cr Adam Allan, Northgate Ward and Loving Nundah.
- Information on how to enter this competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions
- Competition entry is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- The competition period: This competition will open at 9am AEST on Monday 21 November 2022 / Monday 28 November and close at 11:59pm AEST on Wednesday 15 December 2022. No entries will be accepted after this time.
To enter the competition, valid entries must meet following criteria:
- Shoppers need to spend $30 or more in a single transaction at a local participating business in Northgate Ward and submit their receipt using the QR code , which will be displayed at the register at local businesses and on the website
- scan the QR code or link on our website
- fill in your details
- upload a photo of your receipt and submit
- Alternatively, entrants can bring their receipt to Northgate Ward Office, 284 St Vincents Road, Banyo during office hours
- Winners will be drawn every week over the course of the promotion and will be announced on Wednesday’s for the weekly draws via our social media and website and contacted via details provided
Valid purchases must be made at participating businesses and submitted online or via QR Code. Online entries must include an image of the receipt as proof of purchase for entry to be valid.
Receipt must have clear details of place of purchase, date as a valid entry.
Purchases of $30 minimum in one single transaction are required for valid entry and must be made through participating businesses and to be eligible for competition entry.
Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this competition, a person must:
(a) successfully submit a valid entry
(b) be a resident of Northgate Ward and be able to provide evidence of this if required, and
(c) not be an employee or contracted staff of the Promoter; and
(d) be over the age of eighteen (18).
(e) participating businesses must be based within Northgate Ward.
(f) Entries must contain full name, address, and phone contact details. Receipts as proof of purchase must be submitted for valid entry
Online Businesses Welcome
As this is a shop local initiative, If you are an online business based in Northgate Ward, entrants who submit a valid receipt must also reside within Northgate Ward for valid entry.
Winners are chosen randomly. There are 14 prizes in total for the Northgate Ward Shop Local promotion consisting of
- 12 x $50 Gift Vouchers. Drawn weekly over duration of promotional campaign. Winner can choose a gift voucher at one of the participating businesses in the Christmas Shop Local promotion
- 2 x $250 gift vouchers as the main draw on Thursday 15 December 2022. Winner can choose a gift voucher at one of the participating businesses in the Christmas Shop Local promotion.
Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Any additional expenses incurred by the Prize winner, other than those outlined in these Terms and Conditions, are the responsibility of the Prize winner.
The winners will be randomly drawn at the four draws in total, consisting of:
Three weekly draws over the duration of promotional campaign with one prize only per entry:
- Wednesday 30 November – Valid entries between Monday 21 November – Sunday 27 November, 2022
- Wednesday 7 December- Valid entries between 28 November – 4 December, 2022
- Wednesday 14 December – Valid entries between 5 December – 11 December, 2022.
Main Draw is on Thursday 15 December. Entries are for all registered and valid purchases during the promotional campaign.
Winner notification: Winners will be notified by direct phone call or email to the details used to enter the Christmas Shop Local promotion. Winners may be mentioned on Cr Adam Allan and Loving Nundah Social media pages and contacted via details provided in registered entry.
Prize Claim and Redraw: To claim the Prize, the winners must respond to the direct message received from the Promoter providing the requested details, including their name and email address. The Prize must be redeemed by the Prize winner.
If a winner does not claim the Prize or cannot be contacted by 12pm AEST on Friday 16 December 2022, a redraw of that Prize will be made until a contactable winner has been located and that Prize is claimed.
By entering this competition, the entrant acknowledges and agrees to their personal information being collected and stored by the promoters for the purpose of this competition. Entrants agree to their personal details being retained and used by Brisbane City Council, Northgate Ward Office and Loving Nundah mailing list to correspond with you in relation to activities, services and related business. Promoters take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the privacy of individuals having regard to the requirements of the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) and the Information Privacy Principles therein.
Competition updates or cancellation: The Promoter reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time and to cancel or amend this competition at any time without notice or further recourse to the entrants.
The Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to not award the Prize to any entrant, including without limitation, if the Prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date or any subsequent period provided for a new winner to claim the Prize.
12. Prize redeem: Once the Prize winners have claimed the Prize, the winners can choose their voucher from the participating businesses within Northgate Ward.
13. No liability of Promoter: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries.